Tuesday, August 30, 2016

First Day tomorrow

It's almost time to start 5th grade. I hope you are excited like I am.

Here is an item I left off of the supply list that you might want to look for: ear buds and mouse. I would like each student to have their own headphones and mouse if they like to use a mouse. They would label these and keep them in their cubbies. We will not start with computers right away (except for a couple of assessments), but we will slowly start using them.

We will use our first journal tomorrow. If you don't have one yet, no worries, I have many extras. Bring what you have and we will store things in our cubbies.

We had a lovely time meeting those of you that were available last night for our very low stress open classroom. I did send out an invitation for parents to sign up for an introductory conference. We would like to meet with you all in September if we can.

So here's a little hitch in the opening meetings, but maybe it will work out for the best. Somehow in using the new free program I doubled up each entry....so now I have two of you at once. It will be fine. One person will start with Jay and one with me and then we will switch.

Get some sleep tonight and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment