Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Tuesday/ Wednesday 9-12&13

Well, you just experienced my first day of forgetting to blog. I was at professional development with ELA teachers all day, so that throws me.

Yesterday in LA kids made neighborhood maps as a starting point for writing about important places. Today we talk more about where we get our true story ideas from.  We think important places, important people and first times and last times we did something. We also talk about small moment writing rather than everything about it (sometimes called a bed to bed story.... I got up, I went downstairs,.........then I went to bed.)

In science I see great geologic timelines that we finished in seminar today after our Star Reading (online) Assessment.  Students also finished up  Scope Magazine visual response and checked out the videos and audio readings on the Scope website.

Today's homework:

Start a new special moment journal entry. Try to focus on just that moment.

Read for 30 minutes (Oh, Ms. Lamb has put comic books and graphic novels on a short hiatus while we choose appropriate chapter books)

Math (will update later)


No comments:

Post a Comment